Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow worth paying on a monthly basis?

+7
Chaotika
cobRa
lone
Razor
Boomlala
daryo
*Hule*
11 posters

Go down

Wow worth paying on a monthly basis? Empty Wow worth paying on a monthly basis?

Post by *Hule* Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 am

So, what do you Wow-players think? Is Wow worty of that ca. 20€ every, or every second, month?

I think Wow is a great game, fun to play with friends and lots of things to do in that huge fantasy world.
Still that's quite a big amount of money to invest just so that you could run around with your imaginary character and get an illusion of achieving something, as Boom mentioned in another topic.

I've gotten all my playing time cards for free this far, and I probably won't buy many new ones in the future. Maybe a few months, but I definitely have better things to put my money to in real life.

Opinions?
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Wow worth paying on a monthly basis? Empty Re: Wow worth paying on a monthly basis?

Post by daryo Mon May 11, 2009 6:43 am

never. it's a non-stop grinding game with no story to it.

re-route here: http://www.swtor.com/
daryo
daryo
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Wow worth paying on a monthly basis? Empty Re: Wow worth paying on a monthly basis?

Post by Boomlala Mon May 11, 2009 9:40 am

Technically no, because from an objective view, it's quite repetitive and doesn't bring new gameplay to the table.

But it's just so damn fun. I got mine for free aswell.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7781
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Mon May 11, 2009 9:58 am

No its not worthit, but Im willing to pay for it, as I enjoy it.

Razor
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Mon May 11, 2009 2:29 pm

when you just start playing you need to spend way more on expensions and crap.
Blizzard are whores

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4297
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by cobRa Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm

dont get it man
its shit i play the trial when i was 13 and its shit
get stoned with freinds and have sex.

cobRa
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 2362

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotika Fri May 15, 2009 2:12 am

If you buy all the expansions for it (There's only 2) it's a really fun game, the last expansion is only worth buying until you reach lvl 65 at least, but if you really want to get it out of the way while you're at the store, then buy that too then? but it would be highly advised you buy it later if you like, because you won't know if you like it until you play. Lol.
I mean, if you've played it before then just pay for it if you like it lol, there's also cards for 2 months, which is a REALLY long time if you get sucked into the game. If you don't like it, then stop paying for it until you want to play again. If you ever want to play again anyways.
I pay for wow, but not lately since my boyfriend really wants me to play so he buys the cards for me. You can always just mooch off of people, or if you have a job, it really is cheap. =]
Just try it and see if you enjoy playing it, if not, then, fuck you. Razz
Chaotika
Chaotika

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Fri May 15, 2009 2:55 am

DOn't do it...Just download the game...or ge tit from a mate of yours who has it...install....patch and play on private servers....the end...it dus not worth it...
Huni
Huni

Male Number of posts : 7436

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotika Fri May 15, 2009 5:10 am

Do you play on private servers?
Chaotika
Chaotika

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am

yes...with a couple of IRL friends...
Huni
Huni

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 am

Private servers are buggy as hell.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Fri May 15, 2009 8:47 am

Boomlala wrote:Private servers are buggy as hell.

Rarelly you can find servers that r not buggy my hated friend that I really hate and I would kick him in the face if I would have the chance.
Huni
Huni

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 am

I tried 4 different private servers. All of them were buggy. The commercial servers are unbeatable.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 am

Cuz you suck k!
Huni
Huni

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 am

True, it's nice that you don't need to pay for it all the time. If you don't feel like playing in some months, then don't buy playing time - simple as that.
The negative side, however, is that when you buy a playing time card (1 month or 2 months) you've got to keep playing the whole time or else your money will be spent in vain.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Boomlala wrote:Private servers are buggy as hell.

I played on private servers as well. They weren't buggy at all. You have to find the right one ^^
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamo Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 am

for first: daryo, it got no storyline ? did u even play wc3 for first ? wow continues that story, they hired bout 5 book author's to do the story (bout 6-10 books are out besides the games) plus they are planing a movie, i guess there is a story there, anyways i think its worth the money, i mean u can play even once a week and this money is worth it just drink more less for example. i stopped smoking and invested part of the money to play wow, shot.

oh btw for all the guys who were about to flame me with those "u got no life" nonsense spam, i'm married here, my wife never complained bout my hobby, i also got a nice job, working in a kindergarden in a small city out of london. i come along so far with my life while playing jk2 and wow.

Adamo

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by daryo Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 am

I played wc3. It had story...it needed story LOL. It's a single player game.

WOW as MMO...im sorry but it has no story. Its just "pick this and kill that"...and ill get you somthing in return. There is no red line trough the game. Don't worry all other MMOs outhere are same. The last i played was AION. Same thing. No consistency. Bad bad grinding all over the place. Even lack of questing (a thing some people confuse with story telling).

The first MMO that promises full story is SWTOR. I hope they can deliver or i'll be out after 1st month. Actually they promised 8 diferent stories in SWTOR. Every profession will have its own stroy. The game is still 1 year away.
daryo
daryo
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 3125

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony* Mon May 24, 2010 4:21 am

Adamo wrote:
oh btw for all the guys who were about to flame me with those "u got no life" nonsense spam, i'm married here, my wife never complained bout my hobby, i also got a nice job, working in a kindergarden in a small city out of london. i come along so far with my life while playing jk2 and wow.

No one cares.
xD
Kindergarden?! U PEDO!

I keed I keed.

On the 'touchy' WoW issue.. Every MMO has standard (and I do include Guild Wars here..Don't think I'm a fanatic Guild Wars supporter.. xD) :
Talk to person X
Perform quest Y
Get reward from X.
Ofcourse with pages of text that no one reads..

After reading some articles about GW2 I saw that they're trying to solve this matter and make it more 'real' and not so repeatable. Smile
Tony*
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8580
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Mon May 24, 2010 5:38 am

The main fun in WoW were the instances. Beautiful times I got there, saving the entire team on my own as a scrubby hunter by letting my pet tank.

I was actually pretty skilled, now I think about it.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 am

I never got skilled in WoW 'cause I got my EXP so fast due to the linked account -thingy. I liked to just play it "alone" like do quests and such.
Instas didn't become that familiar to me since I didn't really try them out that much (a few, but always with the mate whose account mine was linked to), and as said I wasn't very good at it.

I quit it and will never touch it again.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum