Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you smoke?

+9
Raschu
Torres
Storm
*Hule*
daryo
Saint
Boomlala
Huni
lone
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke? Vote_lcap20%Do you smoke? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
Do you smoke? Vote_lcap80%Do you smoke? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
Do you smoke? Vote_lcap0%Do you smoke? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Do you smoke? Empty Do you smoke?

Post by lone Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:40 pm

do you?

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4297
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Do you smoke? Empty Re: Do you smoke?

Post by Huni Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes I do.
Huni
Huni

Male Number of posts : 7436

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Nope. Wouldn't see why anyone would start with it.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7781
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Neg.
Saint
Saint
Councillor
Councillor

Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by daryo Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 am

stopped 1 year ago after I had realised I was not a "youngster" anymore.
daryo
daryo
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:37 am

Hell no. And well said Daryo and Boom. xD
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 am

Nope. Do you, Lone?

Storm
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 am

Yeah I do.
I recently stopped for about 2 months, just to give it a try but I missed it too much.
Smoking can be really nice, especially after a good meal, in a break during class, etc.
It doesn't affect my health in a noticible way and doesn't cost a lot as I roll my cigs myself.

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Torres Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Nope, but otherwise i do smoke when i visit some friends they smoke. Not good i know Smile

Torres
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

Male Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Raschu Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

Nope, I'm astmathic, wouldn't want to fuck my lungs up a little more.
Raschu
Raschu
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 2229

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 am

lone wrote:It doesn't affect my health in a noticible way and doesn't cost a lot as I roll my cigs myself.
Just keep doing that for years in the future and we'll see about it then, mate.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 am

I can still stop if I would notice it to affect my health...
Atm it doesn't and I enjoy it so wth.

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony* Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:02 pm

I can't believe how stupid you sounded there..
I'll never smoke.. DISGUSTING HABIT. =P
Tony*
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8580
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:54 am

lone (15.12.10 20:43) wrote:I can still stop if I would notice it to affect my health...
Dude, it's affecting your health all the time. Maybe it'll just show later on but it's been affecting your health from day one, that's for sure.
And getting hooked on the stuff.. The addiction comes surreptitiously, it just doesn't turn on/off within seconds.

I'm not saying the stuff will kill you instantly if you don't stop, and it's quite OK if you smoke here and there.. The fact remains, still, that a single smoke affects your health. And when it turns into a regular habit there's no denying that it does so even worse.

I'm not telling you to quit mate, I'm just suggesting that it's useless to try and search defenses for smoking. Razz
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 am

I smoke I won't defend it...
and Juhis is right it's bad right from the start, it affects the immune system and your lungs and throat end off.
Huni
Huni

Male Number of posts : 7436

Back to top Go down

Post by LuKe Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:50 pm

never tried it..my dad does...tho he never does it near me.
LuKe
LuKe
The Only Surviving HK Member
The Only Surviving HK Member

Male Number of posts : 1775

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 am

你的爸爸很好
Saint
Saint
Councillor
Councillor

Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:46 am

*Hule* wrote:
lone (15.12.10 20:43) wrote:I can still stop if I would notice it to affect my health...
Dude, it's affecting your health all the time. Maybe it'll just show later on but it's been affecting your health from day one, that's for sure.
And getting hooked on the stuff.. The addiction comes surreptitiously, it just doesn't turn on/off within seconds.

I'm not saying the stuff will kill you instantly if you don't stop, and it's quite OK if you smoke here and there.. The fact remains, still, that a single smoke affects your health. And when it turns into a regular habit there's no denying that it does so even worse.

I'm not telling you to quit mate, I'm just suggesting that it's useless to try and search defenses for smoking. Razz
Let's calculate:
Every cigarette costs 7 minutes of life (source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0826/is_4_25/ai_n32105848/)
I smoke an average of 6 cigs a day, meaning I lose 42 mins a day.
in a week that would be 294 minutes or 4.9 hours.
Times 52 weeks for a year: 254.8 hours or 10.62 days.
My average life expectancy (Belgium) is 75.9 years old. (source:http://www.indexmundi.com/nl/belgie/levensverwachting.html)
If I smoke for 60 years (16 to 76) I lose (10.62 x 60=) 637.2 days or 1.75 years.
If I want to reach the age of 70 I will have to smoke 3.37 times the amount of cigs I smoke now. Wich would be around 20 a day.
What if I want to reach the current world lifespan at birth being 67.2 years old? (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy) To smoke away those 8.7 years I would have to smoke 4.97 times the amount of cigs I smoke now. Or 30 a day.
If I want to reach 39.5, wich is the average life expectancy in Swaziland. I would have to smoke away 36.4 years or 20.8 times more cigarettes. 125 cigs a day. Given the fact that it takes 7 min -on average- to smoke a cigarette, ironically just as long as you shorten your life with it, I would have to smoke 875 minutes on a day or
14.58 hours.

Even if I would smoke 30 cigs a day, and I smoke 6, I would still reach the worlds average life expectancy.
(please correct if I made a calculation mistake somewhere)

"You don't need smoking but it's bad for you" Cheeseburgers and fries.

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xris² Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 am

Nope, smoking is for hipsters and posers.
Xris²
Xris²
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Male Number of posts : 1943
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony* Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 am

Lone.. You're going to get cancer. I'm sorry for you.
Tony*
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 am

Lone. Calculate this:
Death

Storm
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 am

Lone dude, I hope you don't take your calculations literally.. You'll prolly have lung cancer before you've reached the end of your calculations.. Razz

Anyway, without commenting on how long/short your life will be as a smoker or any lung cancer probabilities, the fact remains that no matter how much you smoke it's only bad for your health.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:22 pm

lone wrote:
*Hule* wrote:

Let's calculate:
Every cigarette costs 7 minutes of life (source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0826/is_4_25/ai_n32105848/)
I smoke an average of 6 cigs a day, meaning I lose 42 mins a day.
in a week that would be 294 minutes or 4.9 hours.
Times 52 weeks for a year: 254.8 hours or 10.62 days.
My average life expectancy (Belgium) is 75.9 years old. (source:http://www.indexmundi.com/nl/belgie/levensverwachting.html)
If I smoke for 60 years (16 to 76) I lose (10.62 x 60=) 637.2 days or 1.75 years.
If I want to reach the age of 70 I will have to smoke 3.37 times the amount of cigs I smoke now. Wich would be around 20 a day.
What if I want to reach the current world lifespan at birth being 67.2 years old? (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy) To smoke away those 8.7 years I would have to smoke 4.97 times the amount of cigs I smoke now. Or 30 a day.
If I want to reach 39.5, wich is the average life expectancy in Swaziland. I would have to smoke away 36.4 years or 20.8 times more cigarettes. 125 cigs a day. Given the fact that it takes 7 min -on average- to smoke a cigarette, ironically just as long as you shorten your life with it, I would have to smoke 875 minutes on a day or
14.58 hours.

Even if I would smoke 30 cigs a day, and I smoke 6, I would still reach the worlds average life expectancy.
(please correct if I made a calculation mistake somewhere)

"You don't need smoking but it's bad for you" Cheeseburgers and fries.

Your calculations don't add up to the thousands of medical studies researching tobacco usage. Also, you don't need to die to feel health effects, such as one of the dozen cancers, heart conditions or respiratory conditions (and impotence lulz).

Also, it's typical for smokers to try and rationalize their behavior.

But I don't judge or dislike smokers. Just keep it out of my restaurants, and out of my home.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7781
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 pm

The health effects of smoking is often overrated. I won't deny that it is unhealthy, but it's much more complicated than 'smoking kills'. Diseases that come forth of smoking tabacco aren't inherit to the smoking in the way that it doesn't cause disease, but rather increases the risk and strenghtens it. Any of the negative health effects can also occur without smoking, as is commonly acknowledged.

Everyone has a risk of getting lung cancer. Smoking increases that risk, but the risk is still rather small. Comparatively it's huge, but getting lung cancer as a smoker is still unlucky. It can also not be ignored that the amount of smoking makes an other huge difference. Saying that every cigarette is bad for your health is bullshit, as the body repairs itself. Smoking just increases the risk on diseases. The more you smoke, the higher the risk, it's simple. But again, it should be taken into account that the risk remains objectively small.

Personnaly: I smoked about a year around a packet of smokes a week. This is a relatively small amount. Then I stopped for 2 months. People told me that after a few weeks (3 or 4) I would start feeling better. These people did smoke a lot more than me. Seeing that after 2 months I didn't feel any different whatsoever, I decided that it was ok to smoke.
I'm not saying it's not bad for my health, but it can't be that bad either if my body doesn't give me any signs of a problem. If in the future, if I would start the feel bad in such a way that it cannot win from the positive side of smoking, I can quit again.

Seriously, cheeseburgers are bad for your health and you don't need them; will you stop having them? Eating may be necessary, the eating of cheeseburgers isn't, so I can't see why that's any different. Yes, my smoking is worse for my health than my eating of cheeseburgers, but it's just a choice where you draw the line between enjoyment and bad for your health. For some, smoking isn't worth a risk of bad health conditions, for some it is. For me smoking is ok, but I wouldn't want to smoke a packet a day, because then the risk would become too big. (I can't even enjoy that many cigs a day) But then, some people won't eat cheeseburgers because it's bad for their health.
It's just a matter of personnal opinion; how important health is to you. It's not worth a proper discussion. I hate it when people whine about it when I smoke, it just shows how little they thought about it. It's a different matter however, if they have a problem the smoke or smell, I don't want to inconvenience people.

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony* Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:47 am

Sure, but don't smoke around me.. because you'll damage my health.. I won't damage yours if I eat a cheezburger. Very Happy
Tony*
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next