Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i install something on....

3 posters

Go down

Can i install something on.... Empty Can i install something on....

Post by Ross Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:32 pm

So i was gonna start playing WoW again soon, and seeing as it takes up a good bit of space, would i be able to install it on my D drive instead of the C drive? Practically everything on my computer is on my C drive cuz thats where most stuff installs by default, and my D drive has 218 out of 218 gb free. Im not exactly sure what the D drive is used for, so.... if i installed WoW on my D drive instead of the C would it still work and would it have any downsides to not using C, or like would i have to do some extra stuff for it to work?
Ross
Ross

Male Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Can i install something on.... Empty Re: Can i install something on....

Post by *Hule* Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:40 am

Of course you can install it on your D drive.. Seeing that you have two hard disks on your PC with space on them you can freely choose on which you install your stuff.

You can browse the destination for the installation to be on the D-drive. Or just change the installation path from C:\.... to D:\.... and write the rest.
As far as I'm concerned the D drive is an equal hard drive, just the same as the C one. All the stuff just goes on C by default.

That's how it goes with me and I see no reason why it wouldn't go so with you.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:08 am

Yes. Actually it's even better to fill D: up rather than C:. As far as I know, if you top your C: drive up too much, it will cause lag while such thing doesn't happen with D:.
Saint
Saint
Councillor
Councillor

Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:18 am

That's pretty true since, as far as I know, all the windows updates and such 'necessities' go on C: drive by default. Then if you fill the C drive with other crap there won't be room for the necessary stuff. Or something lol
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down