Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

musicccc

+11
Igor*
Xavior
cobRa
C.O.L.I.N.
E-Nig
.Mr.InfuZion,
Shadman
Kung-Pow
Boomlala
Tony*
LuKe
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

musicccc - Page 2 Empty Re: musicccc

Post by Haldir Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 pm

LOL! That way isn't legal at all, either. You're still breaking the copyright laws. Besides, Limewire isn't illegal in most countries, because it's a P2P program. Second, you only get viruses from Limewire if you're completely stupid and don't pay attention to the file you attempt to download.

The 'best' way is what Enigma stated, torrents. You get the quality you'll have a hard time finding anywhere else, since it's direct CD rips being uploaded for download. Otherwise, Youtube videos have to have the audio compressed in some lesser form since it's being applied into a video for a streaming site like YouTube.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:30 pm

You ever need a torrent, find me ill get you a good one.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:44 am

Haldir wrote:LOL! That way isn't legal at all, either. You're still breaking the copyright laws. Besides, Limewire isn't illegal in most countries, because it's a P2P program. Second, you only get viruses from Limewire if you're completely stupid and don't pay attention to the file you attempt to download.

The 'best' way is what Enigma stated, torrents. You get the quality you'll have a hard time finding anywhere else, since it's direct CD rips being uploaded for download. Otherwise, Youtube videos have to have the audio compressed in some lesser form since it's being applied into a video for a streaming site like YouTube.

No, LimeWire is still illegal mostly because it is a P2P program. You download music (which is not illegal here), but you do also upload and spread it, and that is illegal in most countries.

2nd, I was looking for a mp3, it looked fine around 4.5mb, not exactly my search term, so I downloaded. And my antivirus detected a virus, and I don't consider that not paying attention to the download.

And as for the quality, just like Boom, I don't hear any difference.
Lightning
Lightning
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavior Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:41 am

Another great thing about torrents, some sites and torrent clients allow you too post comments. If theres a Virus in it people will let you know and tell you to stay away from that one.

When it comes to quality I prefer 32bit Wav. Really space consuming, but if you manage to get a good track in the format it sounds very good.
Xavior
Xavior
Root Admin
Root Admin

Male Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:21 am

Lightning wrote:
Haldir wrote:LOL! That way isn't legal at all, either. You're still breaking the copyright laws. Besides, Limewire isn't illegal in most countries, because it's a P2P program. Second, you only get viruses from Limewire if you're completely stupid and don't pay attention to the file you attempt to download.

No, LimeWire is still illegal mostly because it is a P2P program. You download music (which is not illegal here), but you do also upload and spread it, and that is illegal in most countries.

2nd, I was looking for a mp3, it looked fine around 4.5mb, not exactly my search term, so I downloaded. And my antivirus detected a virus, and I don't consider that not paying attention to the download.

Put it onto a mp3 player and put all the equalizers to max.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:38 am

Downloading videos off of YouTube: not illegal. I just hijack the downloading of the video for streaming, which is entirely my right.

Changing FLVs into MP3s is not illegal, since I legally acquired the FLV I can do whatever I want unless it 1) brings me unlawful profit (it doesn't) 2) damages the author (it doesn't).

So in all respect, my way is legal.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7781
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 am

music videos on youtube = often illegal
you abuse it so you're also guilty
there's no way to legaly get music of the internet. (unless the author allows you)
but who gives a f u c k? everyone does it! lot's of ppl don't even know it's not legal

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4297

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:00 am

It isnt illegal if its the companys youtube acc
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Lightning wrote:

Wrong, because it's a Peer-To-Peer downloading software it ISN'T illegal in most countries. Most countries only begin to call something illegal when you're uploading to a centralized server other people can connect to. Which, would actually make using YouTube as a downloading service, more illegal.

As for finding a virus, again, what you did I wouldn't call safe practice. Just use your common sense. Take a look at the bitrate, which I don't touch anything under 192, and compare the it to the size. If you see something that claims 266, yet the filesize is only like 3mbs, you've got a problem. For people who don't know what I mean, the bitrate refers to how many bites-per-second a song has. In other words, the higher the number, the better the sound quality. It's pretty straight forward. Plus, downloading a file that wasn't exactly your search term, and not looking into the file a little more closely before downloading, isn't exactly smart.

As for quality, most people probably wouldn't notice a difference without actually looking for it. Why? Most audio files are probably around the average 192 bitrate on Youtube, and listening to that on typical MP3-player-crappy headphones, it'll sound fine. Or listening to them on typical crappy desktop speakers most people have, again, same result. Really, the only thing you would notice, would be the volume difference. Going from a low-rate MP3 to a higher-rate MP3 and you'll probably notice the volume differences without even changing your players volume. For myself, though, I'm an audiophobe. I'm really picky on sound quality, so if I'm looking for a particular song, I'll torrent from somewhere I'm guaranteed 256+ bitrates.

E-Nig wrote:It isnt illegal if its the companys youtube acc

Uh...to download and use it for your own use, yes it is.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:31 pm

YouTube does give you access to rare pieces of music. Rick Wakeman's solo at some concert for example.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 pm

youtube does not have a lot of music.

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4297

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:38 pm

I found everything I've wanted so far. And some pieces I would never ever have could acquired another way: the Bayou Billy theme, said RW's solo, some rare 80s songs.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:39 pm

And no one is saying not to use it, we were just debating the uses of both.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:40 pm

But whatever people say, Kazaa is beyond thoughts. Limewire, bearshare, all good and well, but Kazaa... No. Never again.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Ehh uh Hald i wasnt disputing that, i was disputing that if a company puts one of their songs on youtube then it isnt illegal.....

Lone: 'Music videos on youtube often illegal'
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Ahh yeah.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Huni Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 am

h4x!

just download torrent of album which i want to download!

www.torrentz.com
Huni
Huni

Male Number of posts : 7436

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: