Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vista=JK2??

+11
cobRa
Raptor
S0ny.
Crow
LuKe
Raschu
Xavior
Mercenary
Achilles
C.O.L.I.N.
daryo
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vista=JK2?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vista=JK2??

Post by daryo Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:01 am

well i also consider the price. So, if the card is 200€ cheaper and performs 2% worse than gtx one i say it is worth having it Razz But i read that if u want to combine it (SLI) with another gpu u need to buy exact same model. And im sure when new series come out prices for 8 series will drop.

and maybe u peeps who dislike vista just don't know how to do proper settings for your needs.
daryo
daryo
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavior Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:09 am

I have set it up for max performance, but I still don't like it >.>

And upgrading to Vista just for the looks is a terrible reason.
Xavior
Xavior
Root Admin
Root Admin

Male Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 pm

Ok, first of all, it seems too many of you don't seem to realize VISTA IS A PURE 32BIT OR 64 BIT SYSTEM. XP was able to run 16-bit drivers and programs as well as 32 and 64-bit, if you had XP Pro v64.

You just have to make sure you're getting the right stuff software.

Vista completely rocks. I use it 90% of the time I'm on the PC. It's waaaaay faster in general running than XP, and I mean way faster. What you should do though, is dual boot your system. Have Vista AND XP installed, so when certain older applications you want can't run on Vista, you can jump back on XP. That's what I do.

Anyways, yes, JK2 works on Vista, and yes the 8800GTS is perfectly compatible.

But if you want my advice, buy the 8800GT. It costs less then the GTS and you get better performance. If your obsessed with GPU memory and want higher then the GT's 512mb, buy a GTX. Forget about the GTS, in the current market, it's a waste of money. As are the 8800GTX Ultras. They really don't have enough performance over the GT or the normal GTX respectively to warrant spending all the extra cash...unless you just have the cash lying around anyways. Wink

Go with a GT, or if you've got the money, a Superclocked Edition of the GTX (I'm runnings two of these, they're awesome).

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2