Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religion

+19
Kenshin
daryo
Crow
Xavior
Razor
Storm
WaterBottle
Spraynwipe
*Hule*
Kung-Pow
cobRa
~Bunu~
lone
Lightning
Huni
Saint
Cola
Matthew
GrieVer
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Religion - Page 5 Empty Re: Religion

Post by GrieVer Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Because a girl dying because of religion is....fun?

People die for this "god" of theres, people are willing to kill innocent people for this "god" of theres.

You want proof he dont exist? Look at the proof he does, there isnt any.

And what does the crap you been through have to do with this topic?

GrieVer
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SageAngel Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 pm

It has everything to do with this convo. What you might call "paranormal" or what I would call miracles.

And I never said a girl dying because of religion is fun. Im saying.. you need to stop getting everyone upset and bringing up convos, better left alone.
SageAngel
SageAngel
Poster
Poster

Female Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-01-25

http://sagesunderground.bigforumpro.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshin Wed May 21, 2008 1:59 pm

SageAngel wrote:Its funny how alot of you can say, "God does not exist." But tell me.. where is your proof, that He does not? And your proberly going to say.. where is the proof that he does? Well, I dont know.

I stoped there, laughed some and then read all you said Razz

Well i agree to say we don't have to go against religion

But i admit some people do fucking bad things and their excuses are "i do it for god", for me they are crazy or naive people, for you, they are people who saw miracles, in any case, they did bad things for a religion.
NOW, there are a lot of people who think that god doesnt exist, and still are assholes, criminals etc.

It's just the fact that some people act for something they can't proove it exist that irritate me. THINKING is not ACTING, i mean that trusting in god...well ok, if that helps you for something, but starting to do weird things for him...ho my GOD no :p

You call miracles, what i call luck or law probability...

You have said you wouldn't tell us what kind of things brought you to think god exist, well i'm curious to know, seriously, i'm not going to be kidding you. And if you want, i'm not gonna proove it can happen without any magical spirit behind either...It's just i'm curious..

And then if you are curious too, i'll tell you all the things i've seen that brought me to think that God does not exist.
Kenshin
Kenshin

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SageAngel Wed May 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Im sure there are alot of things you and anyone else can say.. that proves that God does not exist. But there are alot of people who can also prove that there is. There are alot of times, I sometimes question if there is. Thats normal. But then I look back and think about my past. So you ask, what my story is. So here is a few things.

When I was little; my family and I had gone over to a park right across from our house. My family was playing baseball, and my older cousin and I decided to go back to the house for some drinks and what not. While she was taking her time, I had wanted to go back over to the park. So, all by myself, I started walking across the road. One of our balls was smack in the middle. I walked over to pick it up, and just started playing in the road. I at the time, wasnt paying any attention for cars. An old woman with coke bottle glasses started coming down the road. Speeding right towards me. She could barely even see over her steering wheel. Inches from me, she all of a sudden stops. Something picked me up and moved me back at the same moment. There was no tire marks. And the woman had no idea I was even there. Her car just stopped.

Believe it or not,.. that was just when I was 3 years old. I had a park full of people who seen what happend. Not just counting my family.

Before that, my mom was getting a bath ready from my brother and i. We were about 2 at the time. She had turned on the hot faucet.. my brother and I was just sitting there. Next thing you know.. the faucet pops off. Boiling hot water starts spraying my brother and me. I hear my brother screaming.. and to protect him,.. I pushed him behind me. My mom grabbed him out first. Then when she got to me, my skin was melting off of my back. My biological father was getting high, so his buddy took us to the hospital. The doctor told my mom to scrub my back and put ointment on it for a week. And then to come back. My mom came home every day on her lunch break, and scrubbed my back with a wire brush; until it bleed. Put the ointment on, and the next day do it over again. When we came back to the hospital, the doctor said it was a miracle. My back was healed. But my back would never tan again. My back tans just fine. I still have discoloration around my neck from when that happend. But Im healed. Alot of it was my mom, and the medicine. True. But I think God had alot to do with it as well. If my mom didnt have faith,.. she wouldnt have done that.

When I was born, I almost died; because the doctors didnt take the gooey film off of me. I couldnt breath.. My biological dad, was abusive and was into drugs so much.. he nearly killed my mother, brothers and myself.

But we're still here. Im still here.

So, tell me. What's your story.
SageAngel
SageAngel
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SageAngel Wed May 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Oh, and a new lovely little surprise for you.

Ive been coughing for months on end now. The doctors dont know whats wrong with me. So they gave me some medicine. Then to top it all off.. they say I may have skin cancer. So when you tell me about your story. Dont tell me you dont believe in God, because you had to deal with hard times. Everyone goes through them. You just have to choose, how you want to deal with it. I choose to still believe.
SageAngel
SageAngel
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrieVer Wed May 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Indeed I'm sorry to hear of you past and present troubles.

But, thier is good luck and bad luck, everyone gets both.

that proves that God does not exist. But there are alot of people who can also prove that there is.

Really? could you provide links or something, or are you hoping your memories as a 3 year old and the memories of those who have suffered in traumatic events would supply the proof?

Speeding right towards me. She could barely even see over her steering wheel. Inches from me, she all of a sudden stops.

Nothing to do with modern day mechanics of course.

Something picked me up and moved me back at the same moment
Human instincts would move my ass if I was in the way of a huge can of metal.

My back tans just fine. I still have discoloration around my neck from when that happend. But Im healed
Medical advancement, trained doctors and the support from your mother.

If my mom didnt have faith,.. she wouldnt have done that.
If she didnt have LOVE she wouldnt have done it.

SageAngel wrote:you need to stop getting everyone upset and bringing up convos, better left alone.

Its asked of us to respect beliefs of others, but when its my beliefs you dont agree with, its different.

Not only a fruit loop, but a hypocrite as well.

Surprised, I think not.

GrieVer
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SageAngel Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Did I say you couldnt have your own opinion? NO I did not. Did I say, your friggin wrong about everything, and stfu? No I did not. Have your opinions. I dont care. I have my own.

I never said I had proof of anything. Im just saying alot of people can prove that there is a God. Calling me names is childish. And thats okay. Call me what you like. Again, I honestly dont care.

Try to make sence of what I told you. And say, those arent miracles, or whatever will help you sleep at night. I shared those because its what really happend. And its what makes me believe in God. Im not trying to argue with you, or start anything. But I was raised in a household that believes in God. Maybe you were raised differently. But again.. I only stated my own opinion. Your the one who started the convo.

And your right. If my mom didnt love me she wouldnt have done anything for me. But if she didnt have faith it would work,.. then she wouldnt have done it either. But because she had both, she did what she did.

Its funny, how you say.. "Its asked of us to respect beliefs of others, but when its my beliefs you dont agree with, its different." Its actually the other way around Griever.

I dont have a problem with you whatsoever. But when religion is brought up. It always ends up being a huge debate. I dont think your wrong, nor do I think your right. And Im not saying Im wrong or right either. All Im saying is.. everyone believes in something. Whether you like it or not. Its their choice. Like you have your own choice in not believing.
SageAngel
SageAngel
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by weaponX Wed May 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Okay, Sage is correct in the terms of, "Nobody can prove anything." because it's impossible to prove God exists or doesn't. People who have faith in him, ironically enough, live happier lives and have a lot more going for them. Don't believe me? Study people, it'll show you that I am 100% correct.

Now, allow me to point out some things.

"Nothing to do with modern day mechanics of course."
Well, sir, if it had ANYTHING To do with mechanics whatsoever, the old lady would not have been able to drive away right after, obviously you know nothing about mechanics. So you fail right there.

"Really? could you provide links or something, or are you hoping your memories as a 3 year old and the memories of those who have suffered in traumatic events would supply the proof?"
Are you really that stupid? I mean come on, honestly?

"If she didnt have LOVE she wouldnt have done it."
It's exactly as Sage said, faith and love BOTH made her mom do what she did, not just one, BOTH. Again, fail.

On a side note: You're not looking very intelligent here, GrieVer.

"Its asked of us to respect beliefs of others, but when its my beliefs you dont agree with, its different.

Not only a fruit loop, but a hypocrite as well."

Well.. to the first part. You are an idiot, she never ONCE said/did that, so stop being a moron.

To the second part, you might want to look up the word hypocrite, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything Sage has said on this thread. Calling her a hypocrite just makes you one yourself, so don't go there.

All in all, GrieVer, you fail at everything to do in this post. Thanks all!

weaponX

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daryo Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 am

hmmm whenever i'd finish on my exams i'd walk home and say:"cmon energy, do ur magic thing, i did mine."

ooo and if there is a God, God left Earth long time ago couz God realised what a mess God had created by giving a man reason.
daryo
daryo
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Spraynwipe Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 am

People that believe in God generally live more positive lives because believing in God gives them hope and courage.. Ie. myself, when I go to church, I always leave feeling "cleansed of the soul". It could be a mental thing, but then again it might not be, no one knows for sure.

Once again I say that it all comes down to faith and believing without seeing. The unfortunate thing is that if I (and many others who believe in God) go to heaven and God is real, and if I was right all along, I couldn't prove it to you non-believers anyway because you'd be somewhere else (hell? I can't remember this right now, but I think the bible states that people who don't have faith in God can't enter the gates of heaven? Correct me if wrong ofc).

A story. Years ago when I went to a catholic primary school, one of the teachers met a very old lady who had a near death experience. In this experience, she said that she passed out and everything went light. Next thing she knew, she was in the white tunnel and she saw her relatives and friends that had long passed. She almost got to the gates, but she heard a voice telling her "its not your time yet, you still have to live" and she got instantly "transported" back to Earth. When the teacher told me this, I believed it straight away and I felt that it was a genuine experience. It might sound made up or like she imagined it, but I seriously knew it was more than that, in my heart and my head.

One last story (yes I promise for now xD). A blind man who was living in an apartment (or condominium if you know what that is) in the US was outside one day and he heard screams from his apartment. He could sense (I suppose smell or hear) that the building was on fire and he followed the screams inside. Putting his faith in God, he took a courageous leap into the inferno and went to the screams. He found a person and ran out of the building with them. Amazingly neither he or the person were burnt. When he went outside, he closed his eyes and when he opened them he could see again. He said that it was a gift from God for having faith and saving another person's life when he had his own troubles (being blind). Scientists could not explain the bizarre phenomenon. This was another experience I felt was true but I can't explain why. Once again its faith.

But seriously guys this is going nowhere and the discussions will never stop.
Spraynwipe
Spraynwipe
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2007-12-15

http://deuslegio.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GrieVer Thu May 22, 2008 2:44 am

weaponX wrote:
On a side note: You're not looking very intelligent here, GrieVer.

And you are? Mr weaponx.

GrieVer
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu May 22, 2008 4:26 am

Of course can't be proven that God doesn't exist. But neither can be proven his existence.
That's why it's called religion, faith. D'oh. >.<
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Spraynwipe Thu May 22, 2008 6:11 am

Yeah Hule and people just don't get it
Spraynwipe
Spraynwipe
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2007-12-15

http://deuslegio.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by weaponX Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 am

Never said I was, that right there only supports my sentence.

weaponX

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshin Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 am

SageAngel wrote:Did I say you couldnt have your own opinion? NO I did not. Did I say, your friggin wrong about everything, and stfu? No I did not. Have your opinions. I dont care. I have my own.

Not pretty better if you don't care, than if you say "stfu", I just like the part you say everyone believe in something...Well i personaly believe in my father,

At my age, he stoped studying, he ran away from his Catholic family, and tried to make his own life (when he had my age, it was easy to get a job in France, exams were not so important yet...) As i said he ran away from Catholic confessions, because he saw bad things in it. I'm not going to make it long because i had an enlish exam today LOL so i'm kind of tired of this language Razz....
When i'm born, the catholic side of the family wanted me to act like them : confessions, all these shits useless...
My dad just tought me that the only person i had to confess with, was myself. "The FIRST person you have to confess with is yourself" he told me:p
In Catholic instruction, you learn that you always have to accept the apologies of someone who did act like a bad guy, some people are bad and we must forgive them.
My dad tought me that in a fight, there are ALWAYS 2 responsables (minimum)...

Well i'm just showing you the contrast between the stupidity of a family who want to control everyone, and everything and the love of a father for his son, who wins? ok...

I never meant that my story was going to kill your God , i never meant that i was going to tell you as a conclusion "SEE god dos NOT fucking exist bitch !"

I'm just showing you that to believe in something is important, it's not necessary to believe especially in god. And i guess we agree on this.

PS: i also, saw a car coming right in my face, but i wasnt 3 years old, because curiously i don't remember what i've done at 3 years old, i was 16 years old i guess, and no god helped me to /amtele on the side, i just got ownt, and i'm still alive and happy to be. I still don't think any god exist, and i don't blame those who think there is one or 2, or one and his son, of one which is Jesus, and his father, and his mother at the same time xD...
The most important thing is that you're happy as you are. With or without a god watching out for you.
Kenshin
Kenshin

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by GrieVer Thu May 22, 2008 12:01 pm

weaponX wrote:Never said I was, that right there only supports my sentence.

Suuuure it does.

GrieVer
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Thu May 22, 2008 1:34 pm

www.zeitgeist.com

Watch it and you'll get awnsers
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri May 23, 2008 11:32 am

ZOMG god saving you ? no wayz
if god has the power to save you how can he let so many ppl die, how can he let this world get so bloody fucked up?
it makes no bloody sense, and don't talk to me: 'god's ways are inexplainable'
and no i don't believe joan of arc crap that god might need you to be a nex mesiah or a w/e
oh and btw, if your parents would have raised you scientoligy, you would say aliens saved you from that car...

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4297
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gäst Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 am

Religion - Page 5 Wherethisthreadgoing

Gäst

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri May 23, 2008 11:55 am

guess you're right
ppl can't understand eachother.
though 'own opinion' is not an issue concerning science vs religion maters

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 am

Those who can consider other's opinions and discuss properly are able to understand each other.
Understanding someone doesn't mean you have to agree with his opinions.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri May 23, 2008 12:13 pm

i don't fully agree hule, if a religious dude (in all forms or degrees) could understand the my thinking pattern (not saying it's the best one but it do is the most logical) he'd sure renownce his faith.
And this shouldn't be a real discussion, it should just be proof vs. proof but on the religious side there just aren't that many 'proofs'. well i realy don't understand them w/e.
In my opinion the non spiritual way is faaaaar more logic then the spiritual way of thinking.
Honestly if noone would've told you god existed you wouldn't make it up yourself...
it's realy just copying what others say. make your own idea of spiritual vs non-spiritual stuff; and forget for a min you ever heard about the whole god idea and think by yourself how stuff works (e.g: death and life after it, space,...)
if you step back from the god idea for a min and then think about it you might ectualy get your own believe (i'm not saying you will give up all spiritual ideas, but they would be your own and resonably change in the way you evolve yourself, cause yeh believes change. Even I used to be Christian)
god was created by a lot of ppl, you should create your own point of view, everyone has the religion they are raised with. and if you never hear talking about it you would no way believe in god

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Fri May 23, 2008 12:24 pm

*Hule* wrote:Those who can consider other's opinions and discuss properly are able to understand each other.
Understanding someone doesn't mean you have to agree with his opinions.

I said are able to understand, not that they definitely understand. Smile

As an impartial party I can't really take part in this convo. I somewhat understand the both sides, though.
And as you said there are less proof for religions, that might be true. Religion, faith, doesn't require proof to be valid, that is why it's called faith.
Science requires proof, and religion isn't science.

LoneWolf wrote:Honestly if noone would've told you god existed you wouldn't make it up yourself...

How do you think the 'inventor' came up with the concept God? I bet no one had told him/her/them anything about God.
Religions are so old that it's useless to try to deny them. They'll keep living, that's for sure in my opinion.
You don't need belong to them, though.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lone Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm

lol you're right bout them being impossible to bring em down.
but dude 'the inventor of god', don't be daft...
ppl worshiped at first big trees cause they gave em apples and the sun and stars and moon and other stuffs, then later came stuff like olympic gods.

The first ppl with one god were ofc the Jews. I don't know why they came up with it but it has just evolved during centurys and centurys. there's not jsut one guy...
and today everyone jsut believes what they are raised with and i think you should be able to take a step back and actualy think about it instead of taking everything serious.
And as said previously: there's not so much ppl whom believe in god in higher educated circles.
well one of the main purposes of education (atleast where i live) is to make sure that young ppl think about stuff before they believe it.

lone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Fri May 23, 2008 12:40 pm

I think there are people who don't take it that serisously, as you might know.
A large part of people do think it further before 'blindly' believing. I think people need to see the social part of religion.

You can't judge those who do take it seriously, though. That's because you can't possibly prove that they're believing in false.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next