Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

monitor problem?

+8
daryo
Xavior
daza
Lightning
WaterBottle
Haldir
Crow
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

monitor problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: monitor problem?

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Thu May 29, 2008 6:34 am

lol i suggest that u dont move to overclock at all Razz
its more a hobby and pleasure than a gain of performance cuz
1st. to make it good u need knowledge
2nd if ur parts r cheap and not designed for OC they wont go far
3rd ull probbaly need better cooling system (=more money)
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6673
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Thu May 29, 2008 6:57 am

Xavior wrote:

Crow..... you or someone else have chosen the option: "Leave the File system as it is" when you installed the windows again

You or that someone should have formatted, either quick or full.

You would have all the space cleaned.

Ok thnks... I have enough info.. I think imma do that sooner or later >.>
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Spraynwipe Thu May 29, 2008 7:47 am

Rofl get water cooling pipes like fatty.. Nice big v12 sticking out your comp.
Spraynwipe
Spraynwipe
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2007-12-15

http://deuslegio.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am

NEVER USE THE QUICK FORMAT OPTION WHEN REINSTALLING!

It never formats properly and you will have random junk leftover that you need gone.

Also, some of what you say Colin about overclocking is untrue.

While you do need knowledge, usually it's the cheaper parts that yeild the better results. Generally, because they are clocked back farther then the more expensive ones that run faster. Thus, giving you more overclocking possibilities. CPUs, like the low end Intel C2D series, can be overclocked HUUUUUGE, and you can pick them up for like $120. Also, you can usually get SOME performance gain even without changing your cooling source.

Overclocking is like 99% knowledge, the other one percent is your parts/cooling which you get by using your knowledge. Very Happy

But as Colin said, don't worry about overclocking.
As for watercooling, there are better more cost effective ways of getting better/similar results these days. You can use some methods that will get your CPU/GPU running in negative temperatures quite easily without the hassel of setting up a watercooling system.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Thu May 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Ok... but I dunno what overclocking is >.> Daryo said OC... i bet that's the short term for OverClocking... but I dunno what it is tbh lol... someone care to explain? Rolling Eyes Lately I'm interested in how far a comp can go and stuff.. I just want to learn >.<
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Thu May 29, 2008 3:00 pm

yea OC is overclocking. U just push ur hardware to give u more than its set up.
For example u have a CPU @ 3GHz and u raise it to 3,2GHz (or way higher). U have to be extra careful and have in mind that if u move to oc of something, it loses its warranty. u can raise ur CPU, GPU and RAM (increase their frequency) and ofc its a method for increased performance with no money Razz
One good tip u can take advantage is be4 buying ur equipment check their overclocking abilities (form reviews etc). Good buys r the ones in low price that will overclocked easily and w/o extra cooling stuff and with low risk to destroyed them ofc. Beyond that limit its just like a sport Razz If u havent even heard of it just dont even try it xD

Anyway yea Haldir, maybe u r kinda right about the prices, although i think that the cheaper ones r not that good but there r exceptions. But if u go for more money u can get for example a mobo with many changeable parameters (like small steps in voltage values and all the other goodies) making u go ur system really high. I was more reffering to the mobos when i was talking about prices and not in gpus or cpus cuz ye the overclocked by manufacturer r in high prices (talking for GPUs). my bad >.>
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Thu May 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Haldir wrote:NEVER USE THE QUICK FORMAT OPTION WHEN REINSTALLING!

It never formats properly and you will have random junk leftover that you need gone.

Yea I'll fully format it. Thanks for the tip.
And Colin thanks for the massive explination. Razz I get it now thanks ^^

Last edited by Crow on Sat May 31, 2008 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Fri May 30, 2008 7:38 am

Alright >.> I got my 2 gig, installed.. But I don't notice any difference Razz
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am

u have to run something more than a minisweeper Razz
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavior Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Something a bit more important also is if you have put them in Dual Channel or single. Dual has greater performance, but you work with editing right? This will improve your software some.

When I'm working with after effects, some of the more heavier stuff takes even more then 2 gigabyte.
Xavior
Xavior
Root Admin
Root Admin

Male Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadman Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Overclocking is not recommended just buy new parts rather than risk damaging you PC worse than it already is.
Shadman
Shadman

Male Number of posts : 1923
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Xavior wrote:Something a bit more important also is if you have put them in Dual Channel or single. Dual has greater performance, but you work with editing right? This will improve your software some.

When I'm working with after effects, some of the more heavier stuff takes even more then 2 gigabyte.

He can only use dual-channel is he's using DC specific RAM. Not all RAM, even if it's the same model, can be utilized in DC mode.

Overclocking is not recommended just buy new parts rather than risk damaging you PC worse than it already is

Actually, if you take your time and learn, overclocking is actually very beneficial, it can cut down on your hardware lifespan, but generally people are upgrading before then anyways. Overclocking is a cheaper alternative for getting better performance. I'm sure if he HAD the money, he WOULD just buy better parts.

As long as you take your time and learn, I'd totally recemend overclocking, but it's also very dependant on what parts you're currently using. Like Colin and I were discussing before, it's really all dependant on what sort of hardware you have to use.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavior Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:41 am

Haldir wrote:He can only use dual-channel is he's using DC specific RAM.

Yeah my bad, I forgot to note about it.
Xavior
Xavior
Root Admin
Root Admin

Male Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 pm

monitor problem? - Page 2 1_9_gh10

I found this... It says: 1.9 GHz minimal...

Could that be the problem (also) ?
If so, what in earth can I change about that? 0_o Changing the processor?

My processor:
Real Frequency : 2932.67 MHz
Multiplier : 22x
Low/High Multiplier : 14x / 22x
Multiplier Locked : Yes
Marketing Frequency : 2933.48 MHz
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm

hmm it might need a dual core 0o
rofl where the games have gone >.>
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 am

C.O.L.I.N. wrote:hmm it might need a dual core 0o
rofl where the games have gone >.>

yes it does Neutral but I thought I had dual core.... I guess I don't
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadman Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 am

Ur video card is old as hell Your computer needs a major update noob lol
Shadman
Shadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadman Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:47 am

Haldir wrote:
Xavior wrote:Something a bit more important also is if you have put them in Dual Channel or single. Dual has greater performance, but you work with editing right? This will improve your software some.

He can only use dual-channel is he's using DC specific RAM. Not all RAM, even if it's the same model, can be utilized in DC mode.

Overclocking is not recommended just buy new parts rather than risk damaging you PC worse than it already is

Actually, if you take your time and learn, overclocking is actually very beneficial, it can cut down on your hardware lifespan, but generally people are upgrading before then anyways. Overclocking is a cheaper alternative for getting better performance. I'm sure if he HAD the money, he WOULD just buy better parts.

As long as you take your time and learn, I'd totally recemend overclocking, but it's also very dependant on what parts you're currently using. Like Colin and I were discussing before, it's really all dependant on what sort of hardware you have to use.

And I dont know what class you took but how does overclocking help if it cuts down the lifespan? Oh and what if the person can't upgrade their hardware what then?
Shadman
Shadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:51 am

Dem wrote:Ur video card is old as hell Your computer needs a major update noob lol

your sig says it all dumbass
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:39 am

Dem wrote:
Haldir wrote:

And I dont know what class you took but how does overclocking help if it cuts down the lifespan? Oh and what if the person can't upgrade their hardware what then?

You sir, are retarded. YOU were the one to say they should buy new parts instead of overclocking. Reread my post. I said by it is helpful.

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadman Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:14 pm

These disadvantages are unavoidable by both novices and veterans.

* The lifespan of a processor is negatively affected by higher operation frequencies, increased voltages and heat. Some Overclockers argue that with the rapid obsolescence of processors coupled with the long life of solid state microprocessors (10 years or more), the overclocked component will likely be replaced before its eventual failure. Also, since many overclockers are enthusiasts, they often upgrade components more often than the general population, offering further mitigation of this disadvantage.

* Increased clock speeds and/or voltages result in higher power consumption.

* While overclocked systems may be tested for stability before usage, stability problems may surface after prolonged usage due to new workloads or untested portions of the processor core. Aging effects previously discussed may also result in stability problems after a long period of time.

* High-performance fans used for extra cooling can produce large amounts of noise. Older popular models of fans used by overclockers can produce 50 decibels or more. However, nowadays, manufacturers are overcoming this problem by designing fans with aerodynamically optimized heatsinks for smoother airflow and minimal noise (around 20 decibels). Some people do not mind this extra noise, and it is common for overclockers to have computers that are much louder than stock machines. Noise can be reduced by utilising strategically placed larger fans which deliver more performance with less noise in the place of smaller and noisier fans, by using alternate cooling methods (such as liquid and phase-change cooling), by lining the chassis with foam insulation, and/or by installing a fan controlling bus to adjust fan speed (and, as a result, noise) to suit the task at hand. Now that overclocking is of interest to a larger target audience, this is less of a concern as manufacturers have begun researching and producing high-performance fans that are no longer as loud as their predecessors. Similarly, mid- to high-end PC cases now implement larger fans (to provide better airflow with less noise) as well as being designed with cooling and airflow in mind.

* Even with adequate CPU cooling, the excess heat produced by an overclocked processing unit increases the ambient air temperature of the system case; consequently, other components may be affected. Also, more heat will be expelled from the PC's vents, raising the temperature of the room the PC is in - sometimes to uncomfortable levels.

* Overclocking has a risky potential to end in component failure ("heat death"). Most warranties do not cover defunct units that result from overclocking activities. Some overclocker friendly motherboards offer safety measures that will stop this from happening (eg limitations on FSB increase) so that only voltage control alterations can cause such harm. It could be argued, however, that incremental voltage changes have very little chance of damaging components as any signs of instability would manifest themselves beforehand.

* Technically, overclocking a PC component may void the component's warranty (depending on the circumstances under which the component was sold).

* Potential fire risk if devices are not properly cooled
Shadman
Shadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Haldir Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Thank you for repeating everything that was already said in one long post.

Oh, and my overclocked CPU is in the negative temperatures, so it's all good. Wink

Haldir
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 pm

I had the exact same problem, but I found that my graphics card wasn't sitting properly in my computer, it came up with no signal on my monitor and wouldn't even start up.
But I fixed it in the end, I think their is some advice on google, it could be a number of things,
Graphics card failing, needing more RAM, and overheating, I dunno if this forum topic helps.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/244266-15-monitor-signal
Anarchy
Anarchy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 am

Anarchy wrote:I had the exact same problem, but I found that my graphics card wasn't sitting properly in my computer, it came up with no signal on my monitor and wouldn't even start up.
But I fixed it in the end, I think their is some advice on google, it could be a number of things,
Graphics card failing, needing more RAM, and overheating, I dunno if this forum topic helps.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/244266-15-monitor-signal

Graphic Card is alright. The computer detects it. I got two times 1 gig RAM, (also new). So now I have twice as much ram. The problem is, that it needs Duel Core -.- And I don't have that...But the game still runs normal... but sometimes lag a bit.
Crow
Crow
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2