Deus Legio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate: Gay Marriage

+12
daryo
Crow
cobRa
E-Nig
Tony*
Kung-Pow
*Hule*
Storm
Matthew
Xris²
C.O.L.I.N.
Boomlala
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Debate: Gay Marriage Empty Debate: Gay Marriage

Post by Boomlala Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 pm

I had a small conversation on YouTube today:

Lilshifter:

Actually the animals that have "gay sex" if you want to call it that actually do it to show dominance. Like male apes. After they have a fite with another male sometimes they would show off by mounting the other 1. And to rub in2 there face that they lost. But they dont fall in love with them. We humans do. Gay marriage is wrong. If it wasnt then way cant gay couples have babies naturally? With out the help of science.

Boomlala:

Straight couples are not better than homosexual couples. Two gay people can love eachother just as much as 2 straight people can. Every couple should have the right to show they are one, to build a union between them and to publicly declare their love for eachother.

If you fail to see that, don't bother replying.

Lilshifter:

no body said that straight couples are better then gays. I just dont think that its right. Because when you get married the paster does quot somthing out of the bible. If God wanted us to be gay they he would of made a man along with eve for adam to be with.

Boomlala:

They at least should be able to marry for the 'state' (I am missing the mot juste, but I hope you know what I mean). What a religion dictates about their marriage system is their own choice. But just because a religion dictates that something can't happen, means it shouldn't be accepted without rational arguments.

Lilshifter:

Still if you can have sex with something its doesnt make it right. Its just sex. And again all religions have the same begining. God (or who ever) made Adam and eve for a reason. If gay was normal or a good thing then he would have made a Man along with Eve for adam to be with. Y cant you guys make babies naturally? With out science? Gay marriage is wrong. The cross or any religious figure should never be linked to gay marriage.

Boomlala:

But gay relationships aren't about "sex" only. Fallacy in your argumentation there.

Lilshifter:

So what is a gay marriage about? Love? Alot of people love things but it doesnt make it right for them to marry. Like pple who are in to beastiality.

Boomlala:

You are comparing gay relationships to bestiality. That doesn't even make sense.

A marriage is a union and sign of commitment between two people who love eachother, and gender doesn't have anything to do with that.

Sure, 'religion' may say something else, but state and religion should be separated, because one is rational, and one isn't.

Lilshifter:

Marriage also means passing on the fam name. But how can you do that if you cant make babies naturally?

Boomlala:

Well, adoption for starters.

After this he stopped debating (this was 27 minutes ago). What do you think of my argumentation? And what is YOUR stance on same-sex marriages?
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7781
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Debate: Gay Marriage Empty Re: Debate: Gay Marriage

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:11 pm

i think that marriage is for a man and a woman (straight ones)
i odnt have nothing against the gays, women or men (as they dont try to "hit" me or anything Rolling Eyes)
2 gays can live together if they want to
but ok... u want to do the marriage for what? ur property and economics be shared? cuz i think church doesn't allow that so whats the cool thing in marring with political wedding?
i can only find economical reasons and to "prove" their love or something.....
anyway w/e.. im an openminded person and i think i can say ok .. do a marriage if u so want to.... but tahst it... tahst the maximum point i would find appropriate
i cant say i like homosexual couples having kids using technology, which will eventually in the near future become way easier to have kids.... i odnt know about adoption cuz its also a shame these kids stay w/o a family... i guess i wouldnt mind that much about adoption.. but using genes to have a child when there r 2 parents of teh same sex its kinda wrong... especially for the "development" of the human race...
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6673
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Xris² Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:14 pm

I have nothing against same-sex marriages, they're still human and have the right to marry if they love eachother.
Xris²
Xris²
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Male Number of posts : 1943
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Xris² wrote:I have nothing against same-sex marriages, they're still human and have the right to marry if they love eachother.
Matthew
Matthew

Male Number of posts : 3183
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://z3.invisionfree.com/jedijunkies/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Yup, I'd like to see the link to the Youtube video Smile

Storm
Councillor
Councillor

Male Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaSmfYKxlzo&feature=channel

Good luck finding the debate though, YouTube's comment system dares to bug out frequently.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Argh, I would have had so much to say to that dude..

Yes, what Colin said; as long as they don't try to hit on me. Rolling Eyes

I see no problem in two males or two females getting married. Love doesn't ask the gender, and if the two people representing the same sex are ready to take that step and encounter all the criticism and those angry glances it's only honourable.

What I don't understand, however, is gay couples getting a child. I'm sure they would be capable of rising and loving the child, most likely they are as responsible as heterosexual people.
But imagine the feeling of the kid when it has to answer at school: "I don't have a mom, I have two dads." "My dad's a gay, and the other one, too."

Gay parents would be a hard place for the child, and it is very likely that he/she would get bullied because of the parents. And that can lead to nasty consequences.
Gays (meanin both homosexual and lesbians) can get married, but I really think they shouldn't get descendants, those wouldn't be biologically theirs anyway.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8809
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Hule wrote:Gay parents would be a hard place for the child, and it is very likely that he/she would get bullied because of the parents.

Hmm, good point. But the reverse could take place aswell, i.e. kids from homosexual couples becoming more and more accepted. I guess it's gonna take some time and progress before same-sex unions really get integrated into modern society.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Even though there is a possibility that the kid becomes accepted and normal, it probably won't be so.
Think about today's world. We all can admit that most of the people all around the world are more of prejudiced than broadminded. This fact would likely lead to the bullying of the kid from a homosexual marriage.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Hule wrote:We all can admit that most of the people all around the world are more of prejudiced than broadminded.

True, and YouTube itself proves it.

But I'm proud to say that I think my friends wouldn't care if anyone's parents were homosexual. Sure, there would be some jokes, but I think they would be cool with it. That's awesome.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Are you sure you would have those friends if your parents were gay? That can never be a self-evident fact nowadays..
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kung-Pow Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

gays annoy me. just cause of thier poof nature
Kung-Pow
Kung-Pow
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2917
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Kung-pow wrote:gays annoy me. just cause of thier poof nature

Haha. How many do you know?

The stereotypical image of gay is a dude who speaks with a feminine tone wearing pink and white. Is that what annoys you in gays? It must be something stereotypical which annoys you since obviously every homosexual is an individual with his own personality, and thus your statement is far too radical generalization.

But what the hell, I used to wear pink and white no problem and I can assure you, I'm not gay.
Just to mention, though, I don't like to wear those colours anymore. =P
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Boomlala wrote:
Hule wrote:Gay parents would be a hard place for the child, and it is very likely that he/she would get bullied because of the parents.

Hmm, good point. But the reverse could take place aswell, i.e. kids from homosexual couples becoming more and more accepted. I guess it's gonna take some time and progress before same-sex unions really get integrated into modern society.
lets clear one thing...
if a child is adopted as i said i think that would be the most... although i personally wouldn't like it cuz kid might takle the wrong message plus all teh things Hule said
but imagine now and especially in teh future if for example they can use both persons DNA and make a child...or even one persons as it happens now i guess (not sure though)
homosexuality genes can be in the kid too.. and by the progress if this continues a large amount of teh population will start be homosexual... thats from teh biological side... just imagine it...
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomlala Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Homosexuality isn't defined in genes.
Boomlala
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Back to top Go down

Post by C.O.L.I.N. Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:19 pm

i think it does... its a genetic anomaly after all
genes with a combination of teh environment can have this effect
and some1 might get borned as a homosexual or even not be sure as a teen but as an adult he has/finds his sexual identity (at least in the majority of the cases)
C.O.L.I.N.
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xris² Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Doesn't it have to do something with your brains? Hell, I dunno.
Xris²
Xris²
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Male Number of posts : 1943
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony* Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:25 pm

U R gay, you tell us?
*looks at Xris's signature*
Tony*
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8580
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm

does this dick not realise god gave us free will also?

all you had to say was that god gave us free will and thats this wee shit sorted.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 3875

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Those who think they start or stop being gay under fee will are pathetic. Sexual direction can't be chosen freely.
Of course you can choose wether or not to sleep with men, but you can't affect your direction.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Yes you can.

God gave us free will, we have the choice and the ability to affect anything we want to.

eg.

football match.

Defender has the ball, he has the choice to make a good or bad pass, which could affect the whole outcome of a match, league, tournament and bets.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Are you seriously claiming that one can affect their sexual direction? That's not true, mate.
You can't choose wether to feel attraction for men or women. It's kind of built in you.

But you can affect your actions. You can do the stuff that gays do without really being a gay. And the other way around.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Uhh no.

People can develop attractions for anything.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by *Hule* Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:17 pm

That might partly be so, but developing attractions towards the same sex is very hard if it's not inborn.
*Hule*
*Hule*
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Nig Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:19 pm

No it isnt.

I could develop some gay feelings right now for anyone.
E-Nig
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next